Monday 21 September 2009

Outcome 3

Outcome 3
Job title chosen: Video producer/editor
Why did I choose this job?
I chose this job because I believe it offers the opportunity to reflect emotions or messages in a way that reaches it’s viewers on a different level. Video is the most influential form of media, incorporating a combination of mediums that arouses several senses within the viewer. I’ve always enjoyed letting myself become lost in a good film and experiencing the variety of emotions as the story progresses. It was from this appreciation of film that I began to wonder how producers achieve this incredible effect. I also enjoy the satisfaction in creating a piece of media as the end result reflects the level work put in, so your hard work is rewarded. Even from a young age I enjoyed going out with friends filming anything because I liked the idea of being able to watch it back and almost re-live that small section of my life. So it is from an appreciation of the emotional influence that film creates that I want to pursue this line of work.

Photobucket

What makes you think you could do this job?
It requires a high level of creativity and drive which I believe I have. I have a real interest in the subject and enjoy filming and editing whatever I can in my spare time. At school I thoroughly enjoyed creative subjects such as Art and Design, English and Media Studies so I believe that I have the right level of creativity and motivation. I have a bit of experience that has come from producing videos in my spare time that are usually skating montages, music videos, edited footage of banter with friends or film/television parodies. Due to my high level of interest in video production I think I could do this job.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment